Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fluffing and Folding Time



I intended that the small front porch to show off a few shade-loving plants in the urns. turns out there's a surplus of shade-lovers so they all mass together where there is the most shade in the day.



The under-the-window planter never thrived when I inserted the sold-at-the-nursery-coconut fiber inserts. They dried out fast and the plants never looked good.
My daughter hit on the idea of using burlap and hers looked fine. Mine looks strange. Perhaps if I add a thin layer of sphagnum moss where the burlap shows and all will be well.
Also, I bought the geraniums in the spring when they were all leaves, and the label said they were all reds. it turned out to be a nice surprise.



So you're thinking "so what?" to a picture of a composter. Until #1 son dropped by to hack the tree back and add stepping stones, it was hard going to get the compost to its destination.
Now it works tickety-boo.
Thank you #1.

No comments: