Monday, July 11, 2011

Connect The Ankle Bone To The---



Two years ago I asked son #3 to make me a lattice screen to hide the rotary clothes drier.
The war still rages about the desirability of outdoor clothes lines. Don't ask me. I continue to hang out the clothes but I'm doing it gracefully to appease any fretting neighbors.



The following year, son #2 came to visit and he and son #5 built me three raised beds and you can see one attached to the lattice screen.

This was my opportunity to follow my original plan to plant a vine or two that would attach to the screen.



This year I stained the sides of the raised beds and the effect is pleasing.
Clematis thread their blooms through the vines and it's lovely.
You're not seeing that loveliness because when they were at their best, the brick men were installing the brick "lawn" and both the clematis and vines wore heavy, dusty grey beards.





This is where the clothesline rules. The growth is more lush on this side and I am delighted with the way this has evolved.

It all began when I stared out the window in the middle of a painfully long winter, dreaming of summer.

Lucky for me I have a collection of sons to bring my dreams to life.

No comments: