Saturday, August 6, 2011

My Never-Fail Crops--Although I'd like them To Try



Frog is keeping a brotherly eye on my two fastest garden-growers.

Garlic and horseradish are nice but I was hoping there would be more lettuce and acorn squash.



The garlic at least had the good manners to grow where it was planted but the horseradish is another story.

I planted one root in the back left corner of the yard and now the stuff grows wherever it jolly well pleases, and that seems to be everywhere.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised to find it popping up through the bathtub drain.

Horseradish sauce is a big winner in my family, despite the fact that when you're preparing it, the fumes could flatten a thirty ton bull.

So you keep watching, frog and before you know it, that stuff will have you clinging precariously to the garden gate.










No comments: