Saturday, August 27, 2011

Garden Kitch

Photobucket
My weather vane has been through four moves with me. He has circled his domain from the third floor deck of a downtown century house in Toronto, atop a post attached to an above- ground pool in Waterloo, perched on a rod inserted in an old tree stump in Kitchener and now, from the shed roof in Waterloo. He is a reminder to me of the life that was with Hal.



Angel looked every bit the part until the it had an altercation with a garden rake. I was unsuccessful at mending it so it tries to behave angelically in two parts.


Not entirely successful since that head takes on a menacing face don't you think? It reminds me of "The Omen."

Photobucket
My cats are living elsewhere now but I have this in their memory.

Photobucket
The antiques sign is a newer find and it amuses me that we continue to hang in there together.
I use it as a snow marker in the winter.


Photobucket

Somewhere out there is more kitch just waiting for me.

No comments: