Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Late Bloomers


Hippo looks pleased with the blooms sprouting behind him. I guess it's better than having a monkey on his back. (what on earth have I been reading lately?)
I've been harvesting petunia seeds for years and at first the color varied and now they're this two-tone and I like the effect.



So far one morning glory has pushed through the dry soil; the mirror helps with the more-is-better factor.

The reflection also clearly demonstrates that the raised bed needs a lot more more soil and mulch; before winter sets in, I'll begin supplementing.
I'll have to find a willing person with muscles to tote the bags from the front driveway over to the side and up some stairs, across the deck,down the stairs and across to the back of the garden.

It's not that I can't find a generous soul to help-it's just that there are so many pokey things like that and I have to prioritize or the family will run in the other direction when I ask, "How busy are you?"

This is where we envision sweet perky little grandma whipping up a yummy apple pie as a thank you. Gee, I wish. My pies are sometimes fabulous and then there are the other times.
Come to think of it, I make gorgeous Yorkshire pudding, most of the time.

No comments: