Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Planning Was The Easy Part

My sewing room was perfect: good height for the work surface, nice long counter for the sewing machine, ironing board at the ready.

But things change. My grandson is living with me and right now he's sleeping on a cot in the family room; we're cramped for space and it's time to squeeze in a guest room.

The most logical place for a guest space would be  the sewing room and once I decided on it, I impulsively began the switch-over on a busy day; better to get it moving before having second thoughts.


When grandson finishes his exams he will disassemble the built-ins.
The laundry room was pristine; garden necessities and potting soil tucked away under the counter, room for the gift wrappings, everything in order. My orchids flourished on the light table at the right.
<>

And the move has begun.
This room can handle a dual-purpose role and I'll have fun melding it all together.
There will be pictures of the big reveal but that will take a while.
 My house guest will eventually choose to move on, but the new guest room may lure my daughter when she's in town.

On with the new plan

No comments: