Monday, March 12, 2012

The Annual Brunch



I hosted my annual family brunch on Sunday; it's my excuse to flex any lurking creative cooking muscles.

The eggs benedict   hadn't come out of the oven when I took this picture and then the doorbell rang so that was the end of picture-taking.
Above we see the goat cheese and pepper tarts and they were good.
Mini wieners in puff pastry were an experiment in trying to unwrap thawed puff pastry. Oh lordy, can it be done successfully? 

 Lots of easy-to-pick- up fresh fruit and not pictured, Aw's contribution of a a gorgeous Thai noodle dish and from Lorrie, yummy cinnamon buns.

The extra counter I had added to the kitchen was a great idea; it's a buffet area ready at any time.

I like to get out the sterling silver and cook up a storm once or twice a year to remind me of the way life was. In my non-family circle in this smaller-than-Toronto town, no one entertains in any scale beyond cookies and coffee preceding a game of  bridge.

Sometimes I miss the extra razzle-dazzle.

No comments: