Monday, March 5, 2012

Planning


If you are a planner, then it's in your blood and there's no way out.

I'm holding my annual family brunch next Sunday (and yes, I do know it's Monday today).
I figure out the menu, then break each task down to an allotted day -- shopping, cleaning, table setting, platters out, a little fluffing up here and there and then I get started.

Naturally everything goes into the planner for the appropriate day and when it's done, of course I tick it off.

This is as far as I can go in the dining room at this minute. Waiting to hear how many are coming.


I use buffet style, so they serve themselves here and move on to the dining room. I print out a menu in case they wonder what they are looking at.

There are a mixture of kill-it-clean-it and eat it carnivores and a sprinkling of  of vegetarians, so I skip nimbly between all the possibilities.

The granola is toasting as I write--and soon I can tick it off as done.

No comments: