Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Stragglers


This shaggy little group of plants was ushered in from the garden before the frost got them.

 African violet at the left is used to a comfortable summer tucked away in the shade  before coming  indoors to settle in under the grow lights, but no more. I am giving away the three-tier unit and going for simple and simpler.

Next in line is the amaryllis that I have been nurturing since last Christmas. They are finicky things but I'm hoping this guy will tire of the naked- bulb look and burst forth with new leaves.

I bought the fuchsia on sale just before the supermarket nursery closed for the season. I  found an old  macrame hanger for it and hung it on the front porch, then left it to get rained on. Except this was the season of no-rain. There are a couple of buds in sight so we'll just see what time in the kitchen can do.

Last is the clump of garlic chives I dug up and stuffed into the pot. So far so good. I mean, if you're going to make an omelet in the middle of winter, you want nice fresh chives to add to it , right?

Keep this in mind fellas--simple and simpler and try not to feel the pressure.
Ready, set---start.
.


 

No comments: