Friday, November 25, 2011

The Case of the Missing Shoe Polish

These basement shelves are action central in my house-- I  label anything that can't argue and keep like with like so my system makes it easy to locate items.
Unless I change my system--then there's trouble..




 I was putting away the summer stuff  and thought I'd better give the winter shoes a polish but the polish was missing.  
In the past it had been stored in an open pink  plastic basket on those shelves--really easy to spot.
I vaguely recalled that I had switched the container for a smaller plastic bin with a lid. So how hard can that be to find?
It took days to zero in on it. I scoured the basement and then moved my search upstairs.


The logical place to keep it was in the sewing room; that made sense because the shoes were kept right across the hall.

The elusive box is in this picture but it took me three days to actually locate it.
See that shelf to the left of the clock? That's where it is.

I was ironing and idly glancing about with the dratted polish in mind and the box almost jumped out at me.

I blame it on my gem of a label maker. It's digital and lots of fun but the label is  tiny.



See what I mean?
Now that interfacing label is calling out to me to give it a tidy do-over.
The good news is that my penny loafers are gleaming.

No comments: