Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Garden's Fall Colors


Ontario can be a tad hot and humid in the summer and if you're not into strapping on skis and tearing break-neck down an icy slope you may not care for the winter but we all agree our province excels in the fall.
The partition hiding the clothesline takes on a lush multi-tone effect  


These plants come into their own now and best of all they thrive in marshy conditions so they have a special place in the boggy part of the garden.






Hen and chicks flourish in the terra cotta pot; soon I'll turn the pot on its side and leave the plants to settle in for their winter nap; in the spring they'll strut their stuff once more.



I took this shot from my son's deck, overlooking the soccer pitch in the park.


Soon the leaves will disappear and we''ll settle in for the winter but I'll keep this sight in my memory bank.

No comments: