Thursday, July 27, 2006

Take Me I'm Yours

Here's the first of my summer crop. Actually, I've picked a few tomatoes but they didn't last long enough for their photo op.



The thing is, just what does one do with banana peppers and what was I thinking? I am planning to make tons of salsa so these guys can help out there. In the meantime, they'll just hang out in the freezer.

A friend of mine volunteered, actually volunteered to take a zucchini off my hands and this is hers, weighing a tad under five pounds. I hope we'll still be friends.

I was trying to find something to keep the melons off the ground and unearthed these cloches meant for protecting early plantings during frost season. Not particularly esthetic but certainly easier to spot in that jungle of leaves.



Did I mention that I love summer?

1 comment:

bozoette said...

That's a big zucchini!