Saturday, July 15, 2006

Building a Bigger Berm

I'll admit the berm looked more like a pimple, a blemish when it first emerged in May. One might even be cruel enough to suggest I was too lazy to toss garden detritus into the composters and it just landed in this heap.

But no, cruel ones, I have a plan. I'm just not entirely sure yet what it is.



Every time I dig out more lawn and that happens as often as I can pry the shovel into the sun-baked ground I add more to the berm, tossing the new stuff upside down on the pile and it breaks down into good soil amazingly fast.

Here it is two months later.



Right now it's growing zucchini, watermelon, canteloupe, a pumpkin, and a whirligig, one of each. They are obviously happy growing here and I'm taking names of anyone wanting some zucchini. Please..



This will give me lots of time to figure out what I want it to become in its next incarnation.

Speaking of the esoteric, and suddenly we are, Buddha is patiently watching over the whole shebang and he's doing a fine job.

1 comment:

bozoette said...

Ah well, where Buddha grows, zucchini follows.