Saturday, July 8, 2006

Behold: a Waterfall

I had a perfectly fine pond and at last count two goldfish frolicked happily at home there.



Was that enough? apparently not because I began dreaming about waterfalls, tiny tinkling little bursts of water making musical sounds while flowing into the pond.

I confided this to my pal the Empress

She sighed ever so gently, gathered up her child and they came along to my favorite stash, a vacant lot scattered with yummy rocks. We hefted all the car could manage without tilting back on its haunches.



After the unloading process that we hope will soon fade from memory, I was allowed to sit on the deck steps ready to fetch and carry, while the Empress did some masterful re-arranging.

There was one glitch and she had to dis-assemble when we discovered that the strongest pump would only attach to the hose where the smallest waterfall was to be, but finally everything was in order.



The only flaw in this beautiful Eden is that every bird in the neighborhood thinks it's the perfect place to take a bath and I'm not sure the fish are happy about this.

The Empress hopes this will keep me happy and unwilling to plan bigger and better for a while.

No comments: