Sunday, July 2, 2006

The Path To Somewhere

This path is making so much progress that it's no longer referred to by its former name, The Path To Nowhere.



I've been planning this microcosm of a yard bit by bit and this is where it began. That enormous dish was removed by the previous owner.



My son Steve came to visit last year and before he had a chance to cry, "Hey, I'm a guest here", he had installed the fish pond.



Then Mike and Lorrie were invited to lunch recently.I want it on record that I gave them a nice lunch and a few minutes to start the digestive process before I handed them the shovels.



A lot of digging and eighteen bags of gravel later and we have this lovely path.

Right now the path ends at the berm, another unfinished project and currently sheltering some leggy vines. I mean, where else does one plant Zucchini and watermelon?

I'm giving my hapless loved ones a rest before I tell them where the path is leading, but don't you hear it crying out, "Lead me to a Japanese Tea House?"

Oh sure you do.

No comments: