Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Enough Of the Heat !

We are into record-breaking hot weather along with other parts of the hemisphere.This was taken in early afternoon yesterday and I stayed out just long enough to take the picture. Factor in the humidity and it feels much worse, like getting locked in a sauna with no rescue in sight.



The horseradish seems to be happy and I'm happy for it.



The berm had been flourishing but this morning all the leaves are mildewed.



I guess that's what happens when you live over a swamp. Kind of reminds me of the times I've driven past miles of bleak stagnating water with forlorn dying trees on either side of the road and now I live over one of those.

What does living over a swamp have to do with the heat wave? Nothing really, I just feel cranky so I might as well blame the builders.

At least we don't have alligators. Not yet.

No comments: