Wednesday, August 9, 2006

A Junk Yard In The Making

I'd be content living in a ramshackle house on the main drag, peddling antiques/junk from the front yard.

In the meantime I keep thrift shops shops in business.

This lantern on its spiky stand was a rusted mess, its unlit candle still in place. A judicious spray of black paint and now it stands guard over the fish (and the cactus I don't want anyone to step on).



Then there was a round piece of glass framed by a strip of aluminum; something from an industrial site. I sprayed the aluminum trim black and then looked for a use for the new find.

The cannibal pot has been with me for years and years. It's probably a maple sugaring kettle. Presto--now it's a table.



Here it is from overhead, looking down on an old light globe I peppered with flat marbles.



It could be worse--what if I loved collecting scrapped cars or tractor parts?

1 comment:

bozoette said...

You are so creative! It's clear where the Empress gets her spark.