Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Time for My Close-up

It was Elise's first day of horseriding camp and I was thrilled to take her. Despite her excitement she sternly cautioned me on the way, "Gramma, absolutely no picture- taking. You drop me off and you go. No pictures."

This is Elise when she is prepared to pose, with her Uncle Steve.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I managed to sneak a picture of the office/cabin when her back was turned.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In any new situation she turns super cool; suddenly she is nine going on thirty-nine and there is't anything she doesn't know. It's what I call the "yeah, whatever" mode. I was counting on that to catch a shot of her before she headed off to the stables. That wasn't a total success.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I tucked the camera away and departed, leaving her to a blissful sweaty day getting used to her horse- for- the- week named Whiskey. Trust me on this, there is no picture of Whiskey.

Later on the way home, we stopped at Macd's for a little sustenance and she allowed a quick shot while she munched and called her mom about her day.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We both understand about that line drawn in the sand; she knows I'll take a few quick shots and I know that when she's grown she'll pore over pictures like these and the whole wonderful day is re-lived.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a picture of Wiskey

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy that Pat took these pictures, Elise! I'd love to hear more about your horseback riding!
Love
Your Auntie Meg
xoxo