Friday, August 26, 2005

Summer Is On the Wane

I was working up to a high degree of crankiness on my early morning walk until I was diverted by this balloon soaring overhead. What a magical sight.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On my favorite trail I spotted fallen leaves, reminding me why I felt cranky in the first place-winter is sneaking up on us once more.
These properties back onto the trail and only one household is fenced like a fortress. Keeps the squirrels at bay I guess.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Fences aren’t a bad idea at all, but if you can afford these box Machouses then you should be able to spring for the lovely iron fences.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All the trails are linked with paths like these, between houses. So beautiful to walk through
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When I returned home I put out a special mix of nuts and sunflower seeds and Mrs. Mourning dove was first up to the plate. I’m glad because she is my favorite.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

~~ Melissa said...

four months from today is boxing day. Mind blowing or what?

and don't put a hex on me for mentioning it. :D

J.P. said...

Bite your tongue..