Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A New Tenant

I made my daily pilgrimage to visit the fish in the pond and someone new had taken up residence.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

He was quite amiable about being photographed a zillion times and I hope he finds just the right kind of food so that he'll stay.It would be a bonus if he likes mosquitoes.

This sunflower popped up behind the pond. It came from the the bird feeder I used to keep there.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The magnolia tree is going berserk. The poor thing was moved four times at the other house because It just didn't want to settle in wherever I planted it and consequently hardly grew at all.
I brought it here with me and its settling in nicely. However, this is August and blooming time around these parts is long gone. Nevertheless, there are buds on this little guy. There is also a perfect sucker growing from the base and I will have to read up on how to deal with that. I'd like to think there is a clever way to get another tree out of the process.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

~~ Melissa said...

Julius is gorgeous! I can't believe how you have brought that yard to life.
Imagine how happy he was when he stumbled upon the pond!