Monday, August 22, 2005

Summer, Where Are You?

On my walk this morning the air was crisp and I needed a light jacket.

On my favorite part of the trail, I spotted a red leaf on the ground. Above me, every leaf was firmly attached and not about to let go and no sign of other red leaves. Just this lone one.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These tree roots will be firmly in place when the rest of us have uprooted.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On the way home, I saw dark clouds forming. I’ll toss a coin to see if this is a hang- out- the- laundry kind of day.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I went out to the back to photograph the endless visitors to the bird feeder but their sentry saw me and they all fled.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

~~ Melissa said...

that photo of the pond/sky is gorgeous.