Thursday, August 11, 2005

Auction Day

It's only a fifteen- minute drive into the countryside before I arrive at my destination, salivating at the vision of treasures that might await me.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


A couple of minutes drive down a winding lane and I park, leaving plenty of room for the Mennonite buggies that have their own area.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The building is called the Khaki Club and an inside sign boasts,"Horseshoe capital of Canada." There really are horseshoe pits outside but apparently renting the building out to local auctioneers is a more profitable venture.

There wasn’t much of interest inside today so I concentrated on the outdoor offerings.

This little darling tempted me for a few seconds. What if I got it in a low bid and sneaked it on my son’s lawn? Ah, too much work on such a hot day.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There are lots of tools and garden miscellaneous out here.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I left empty handed and on my way home I passed the horse that never moves from his corner. In all the times I've come this way the sentry is always at his post.Someday I'll stop and ask him for his story.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

~~ Melissa said...

Wow, you got a picture of our corner horse finally!

Watch him disappear now forever after all these years of admiring him.

bozoette said...

We had a corner horse who used to oversee an intersection near my childhood home. We used to give directions based on him: "Turn left at the horse!"