Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Not Guilty

There were five little goldfish in the pond. I got them from the pet store for thirty-six cents each and they quickly doubled in size.

Lately I'd only seen four of the little critters darting about and my guilt went into overdive.

Every once in a while I have to take the pump out of the water, clean it and slide it back to the bottom of the pond.

Then, there are the lily pads in their big baskets. Occasionally I pull them up to retie the bulbs more securely into the basket.

See where this is going? Sure, I ease the basket back to the bottom slowly but at some point I have to let it drop into place.

Did I squish one of those little fishies? Is it lying trapped under there waiting for rescue?

I'd been mulling that over for a while and then today all five surfaced at once.

I am vindicated.

Now I can move on to feeling guilty about something else.

No, you won't see them in the picture--they refused to take advantage of the photo op.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 comments:

Steven said...

Good work on that pond by the way. It's really flourishing.

~~ Melissa said...

Those fish are getting so big, my guess is, the damn thing can hardly get itself to the surface anymore. It's the boat anchor of the group. Though I admit, it would be excellent on crackers. ;)

J.P. said...

Gee, and you claim to be a vegetarian.
I'm warning the fish when you approach...