Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sunday Morning

I took my walk shortly after six this morning and the town was mine. Even the dog walkers were still in bed.

I heard that delightful whooshing sound that announced hot air balloons and sure enough, three of them floated overhead. I like this shot of one playing footsies with the streetlight.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The swamp looked particularly friendly; deep inside are the footprints of a long-gone homestead and after that mysterious owner departed, the local kids used to make beautiful, private forts to do their daydreaming. Eventually the builders took over the land all around the swamp and now the Canada Geese and four-legged critters are in possession.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

One thing I know, the skunks remain. That unmistakeable scent wafts in the air and contributes to my quickened walking pace.

This road is a hazard for pedestrians five days a week but on weekends it could be inhabited by ghosts.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is some pond progress. There is a tiny waterfall trickling down to the right of Steve. He was a little testy yesterday when I picked out lovely big rocks for him to haul to the car. I think he objected to the mud sucking in his feet while he tried to maneuver his way to the road. He soldiered on, bless him. Just one or two more scavenging trips and we'll be done with rocks. For now.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: