Sunday, June 26, 2005

Progress

The work continues to give this "new" house my imprint. I can't do much about that army barracks look until the shutters are in place and the Boston ivy begins to climb up the bare walls.

The roses are gorgeous work horses. I gave them probably their first pruning ever in the spring and there is a long way to go but they are beautiful, blowzy and their scent is wonderful.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The pond is a joy. The fish are growing although it's hard to spot them in that dark, mysterious water. No matter--it's a lovely surprise when they do appear. The embankment is planted and I try to stifle my unreal desire for instant lush growth despite the heat and watering restrictions.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We can walk out to the deck from the kitchen without facing the neighbors doing the same thing. Steve the writer/carpenter devised this barrier and we're all happier.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Summer--long may she reign.

1 comment:

Steven said...

One of my favorite things is to look out that basement window first thing in the morning and see those amazing roses Mom. But then, the rainforest here in BC is incredible too.