Thursday, April 28, 2005

On to Plan B

We had a couple of warm, summer-like days and I cajoled a helper to set up the tent on the deck and we arranged canvas curtains and furniture here and there to create my small outdoor heaven.Image hosted by Photobucket.com

For another few days, I luxuriated in that little nest. I curled up with my book and tuned out the soft voices of the people next door, who were in fact, no more than six feet away but the curtains hid them from view.Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then we had a few days of heavy rain and I had to slog out to the deck with my broom to push the water off the sagging tent.

One night the rain turned to heavy, wet snow and that was the end of my cozy little nook. The metal roof supports for the tent bent into unredeemable shapes and everything crashed to the floor.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It’s time for plan B, whatever that will be. One way or the other, I will figure out a way to have a seemingly private sitting area outside.

1 comment:

Steven said...

I don't know about the deck, but that Pizza looks delicious! I'll be right there!