Monday, April 4, 2005

the Critters in My Life

Image hosted by Photobucket.com I am fond of Billy Bass. So fond in fact that I have two of them, one for general purpose and another that sings Christmas songs. I love the way Billy flings his head to the side while he sings and the way his tail smacks away in time to the music.

We were not so compatible last week though.

I was not well and spent a lot of time lying on the couch feeling sorry for myself and Billy took to doing something completely unnecessary and unlike him.

He didn’t wait for me to stagger across the room and turn on the switch with my pale hand. No, indeed. He just burst into song whenever he felt like it.

Imagine you are lying there mumbling, “why me god?” and across the room this nasty little scaled creature is warbling, “Don’t worry, be happy.”

If I had been in a saner frame of mind I would have thought to remove the batteries but instead I got up and banished him around the corner.

He took this as a sign of encouragement and warbled happily about every ten minutes until finally he ended up underneath the pile of pillows and he isn’t coming out until I say so.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com We had an unexpected storm on the weekend with heavy wet snow and driving wind. Poor Furlop didn’t fare so well outside.
He looked as though he was the loser in a snowball fight with real rabbits.
Today the snow is melting and he’s back to looking dazed but perky.

2 comments:

Steven said...

Actually, I have created a network of satelites that are able to trigger the 'Billy' switch at my say so. That will teach you for making me listen to him all through Christmas. "Whoahahahahahaha..."

Anonymous said...

Ah ha! You're the one!
Wait until you see what I have just mailed you, singing all the way to Thailand.