Friday, April 22, 2005

It's Spring--Sort of

We look forward to spring around these parts but in reality it really never comes.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What we really have is interim weather; that’s the best word for it. It's that teasing, seesaw period when sometimes we shed the parka and don the lighter jacket and next day, boots and parka are back in use to battle the unexpected snowfall.The day after that there's a thaw and it's sweater weather.

We might still be mumbling about the injustice of a long winter before we finally notice we are into shorts and tee shirts and then we complain about the heat.

In the fall we make up for the non-existent spring; we really do have this season and the leaves are absolutely breathtaking.

While I’m in this weather mood, I must mention my morning walks are now taking place outside on the nearby nature trails. Trust me on this—it’s much easier to slog around an indoor track rather than try the outdoor stuff. Granted it’s much more fun outdoors but there are those roller coaster inclines everywhere and the calf muscles are pleading for mercy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The good part is that when I return home I feel so pleased and virtuous for a good ten minutes and there's always a chance someone might notice my absolutely fabulous steel-like leg muscles.

Hail to Spring (or whatever it is that we have).

2 comments:

Steven said...

Now that I read your post I think I should wait til autumn before returning to Waterloo. Thanks for the warning...

Anonymous said...

As soon as you arrive the leaves will burst forth and the baby geese will hatch.
We're waiting.
XX