Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Yin and Yang


My first garden tour of the summer was in nearby Stratford. Generally this town  displays gardens surrounding old stone houses with enormous shade trees,  but this year houses under one century were given prominence.

My preference is low-budget- and- huge- imagination properties although it's always nice to see places where the big bucks were spent tastefully (is that an oxymoron?). I love meeting the owners who have done all the scut work themselves and look slightly dazed from the last-minute touch-ups.

Those who agree to host their gardens are in for relentless hours and hours of weeding so the beds will be gloriously displayed for the big day.
I hope the weeders know how much their work is appreciated as well as  their generosity in showing their gardens

The owners of this shed above know how to work an otherwise blank space; there's a lot going on and it is a stunning effect.

But look at this--the other side is bald, with a raised veggie bed squished close by.

.I like to think they're keeping the center space open for a pool and cabanda.
It's their money--let me fantacise.

No comments: