Monday, June 11, 2012

John is Christened


The family got together from nearby towns  to observe baby John's rite of passage.
Here he is with his parents and his big brother Daniel.
His mom is  my granddaughter.
The baby is still a bit rumpled from the annointing.

John was christened in the Ukrainian Catholic church in Thornhill where his grandparents were married.
It's a tiny church and full of exuberant color. 

Our family boasts  Catholic and Jewish along with a smattering of soul travelers and I am in the latter group. We have great conversations.

John is my fourth great-grandchild and  we passed him around all afternoon while he behaved with amazing patience.
Here, I think he's about ready for the baby equivalent of a coffee break.

It's always fun for family members to catch up with each other's news while the kids run happily wild around us.

John was named after John Lennon and his parents are obviously devout fans. I think if I had named one of my kids after a personal hero, it would have been actor Gregory Peck.
Sorry Greg--I just didn't think of it at the time.


No comments: