Monday, June 25, 2012

Clematis Comes out of Hiding



My favorite summer pursuit is taking in garden tours, where I always see  tenderly cared for gardens with each plant accompanied by a neatly lettered marker, identifying the plant in English and Latin.
I love this idea and every year it is my intention to buy a batch of markers and get to it.
In the meantime, it's always a lovely surprise to spot a Clematis peeking out in two places from under the Virginia Creeper.
Do I remember planting the Clematis? Well, not really and that's why the markers might remind me to thin out the vine once in a while to see what else might be living under there..
It's nice to know that right off the bat I have already identified two plants, in case those markers do materialize.

A huge leaf from the Oriental Rhubarb (three!) looks as though it might snap up the competition.
I love the smiley face of this gorgeous bloom.
Smart of me to plant it.
Too bad I didn't remember.

No comments: