Friday, June 22, 2007

Garden Update

My daughter the Empress lives a couple of blocks away from me and her side garden is to die for. Give her full credit for the fact that you're in serious danger of breaking your wrist just trying to dig into that clay soil.

No matter, she has a fabulous display going on there. Here, I have a kinder, more pliable soil and soon there will be a mass of gorgeous plants interspersed with weeds. Still, how come she has all that color in bloom already and down the hill, my plants are still thinking about the next step?

The delphiniums are my joy and they are coming into their prime.



The daisies went diving for cover after an intense round of serious heat followed by a late frost but they are thinking it's safe to strut their stuff now.



I love the look of the squash blossoms.



The roses are beginning their climb up the archway and they will be gorgeous every inch of the climb.



I overwintered the geraniums just so they could flourish in the container under the front window. The little wretches are trying to be independent of one another so they are not of a size. Oh well it's the thought that counts.

No comments: