Sunday, June 3, 2007

Summer At Last

We had enough frost to make us wonder if summer would ever arrive, but the first couple of days of blistering heat convinced us.

The Clematis really struts its stuff these days; I pruned it severely as instructed on of those cold so-called spring days and it was the right thing to do.



The Bleeding Heart is happy tucked in with a neighboring Hosta and a sprinkling of Forget-Me-Nots.



The Fuchsia hanging over the front porch is liking its new spot but taps me on the shoulder for more water whenever I pass by.



The Tulips didn't fare well in the back yard; the see-sawing back and forth of intense cold, sudden heat did them in and they just fizzled out quickly. These blooms in the front were much happier but they won't last much longer. Usually we can count on them to flourish until early August.



And the Magnolia, ah the Magnolia. That poor thing was moved about several times at my last place until it finally seemed to like where it was situated. Then I changed houses and took it with me and that last move just broke its spirit. All the other Magnolias in the area have already strutted their stuff while my little guy is just now putting out some tentative blossoms.



I promise never to move you again, little fella.

No comments: