Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mohammed Ali, Garden Variety

Do not be fooled for an instant that this is just a slightly unruly rose bush.


No, indeed. this is a giant, muscle-bound ferocious member of the rose persuasion, itching to go ten rounds with any other rose on the block.
It came with the house three years ago and I set to work pruning the monster down to a manageable size but that only encouraged it to try harder.
Yes, it is a beautiful sight but it lives to wrap it's thorns in the hair of any innocent passing by like say, a gardener.


See that chain link fence hidden at the back of mighty bush? Well, I lashed the critter to the fence and one day I'll hear a mighty TWANGGGGG and the fence will be curled up in my yard, quivering and pleading to be put out of its misery.

The rose will be smirking.

This year I won't even consider fertilizing the brute.

No comments: