Monday, July 9, 2012

Waiting for Water

The garden hose burst a couple of days ago and until that moment it had been the perfect set-up.Two hoses had been linked together  and traveled from the garden tap at the side of the house, under the deck thirty feet and out facing the back garden.

From there my multi-setting nozzle swooped where I directed it and my garden world was just fine.

My thrifty side itched to see whether the surviving hose could be re-used but the only way to salvage it was to hire a raccoon to crawl under the tiny deck space and drag it out and I have doubts about that happening.

Son number three to will come over this morning to tightly secure the new hose, cut a hole in the fence to get it through to the deck and on from there.

In the meantime I'll give a pep talk to the blooms that are patiently waiting for their morning libation..


Mostly by luck I potted the same color here,. That had been my goal. but when the buds are tight, you sometimes have to guess. These are part of last year's geraniums that had been bundled up in the fall and saved  for the re-pot in the spring.

Delphiniums are my favorite,

peeking out from the thick vine

I planted elephant garlic a couple of summers ago and it wasn't in a hurry to show itself. until this year.

I'll use this seed top in my cooking.

Trumpet vine is just a lovely sight.and doesn't cause much fuss. I love that about them.

Hang in there guys--soon you'll get your drink.

No comments: