Thursday, July 5, 2012

Turning a Closet Back Into A Closet


My grandson  recently moved in, so we scrunched things up a bit to make space for him. His closet held my off-season clothes (a great luxury, an extra closet) but that stuff will have to move on and the only other closet that might be considered available is in the study. That's where the bookcase used to be, hidden from view.
Now, even the shredder has to double up.


These files were also hidden in the closet. I might be able to shove them back in there once the off-season stuff settles in .

The next  able-bodied relative to drop by can re-hang the clothes rod. I'm not sure if it needs more bolstering than a couple of screws in each end, so I'll wait for a second opinion.
This detritus requires serious investigation before either storing it or pitching it  There's a partially-written book in there--I've been promising myself to get it written. Maybe not.
So the study is a mess but it's nice having a house-buddy.
Besides, a thorough overhaul of house and mind is a good idea several times in a lifetime.
Too bad it's so much work.


No comments: