Sunday, January 28, 2007

By Golly I Did It

For a couple of years now I've been mentally circling the wagons trying to figure out how to mount the stained glass in front of existing indoor windows. They used to hang from hooks outdoors on a frame but this didn't work too well because of high winds so I searched for a way to hang them inside.

You know how it is sometimes when a simple task slowly becomes monumental?

Last night I had that eureka moment--of course I know how to hang them.

I had on hand some hooks meant for light fixtures,drilled some holes above the windows, inserted the hooks snugly and now the little beauties are fastened in place.

Actually they're not that pretty but I bought them at an auction years ago and I'm sentimentally attached to them. They're simple and sturdy and just meant for staring through the glass to daydream.

Here's the one in the sewing room



And here's the one in the family room. See, you can still spot winter out there but the color makes it much more appealing.



While I was at it, I tidied up my fabric stash in the sewing room.



This is the first landscape I ever made, entirely out of fabric. It calls for tiny scraps of fabric to stitch together, no mean feat when you have stubby fingers like mine.



This turned out to be a productive snowy Sunday after all.

1 comment:

bozoette said...

I love those Eureka! moments. I could use a few more of them.