Thursday, March 3, 2005

What a Difference a Day makes

Yesterday the driveway had disappeared under the weight of the last storm and I skipped any notion of getting to the track.
Then my ladies stopped by with their shovels and before long the driveway returned.
This morning there was a gentle glimmer of sunshine by the time I left for the track at seven. That’s our only sign of spring so far, but a welcome one.


On the way home, I stopped to take a picture of what I consider the ugliest building in town, and trust me, there are many to choose from. The windows in this one look as thought they were installed by moonlight, possible the full moon.



Today the sun is shining and the snow is for now, neatly piled in front. What more can a lady ask for.

I’m keeping track during the day of the sun’s progress in the tiny back yard so I’ll know where to plant my sun versus shade lovers in the spring.

And spring is coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call me crazy but I miss snow. Having said that, I'm grateful that I'll be walking to work this morning surrounded by birdsong and the sweet scent of cherry blossoms.
-Meg

Steven said...

I wish I could say I wish I was there, but I can say, I wish you were here! Love you Mom. Stevie Koh Tao