Tuesday, March 1, 2005

Calorie Free Food--The Best Kind

It’s snowing hard today and an excellent time to stay inside and play with the fake food collection.

My obesession began years ago browsing through a gift shop when I was dazzled by a magnificent still life of a plate of spaghetti with the fork suspended overhead, a strand of spaghetti dangling from fork to plate.
Gorgeous. Why didn’t I buy it? Because I was a fool that’s why and I was never able to find it again when my senses were restored. My search continues.

In the meantime I treasure the wedge of raisin pie with a chunk bitten out of it. Each grandchild had to be sure it wasn’t real.

Then there’s the waffle a la mode with the strawberry syrup pouring onto it from a spoon. So perfect.













Can't you almost smell the steak and eggs?













That gorgeous glass plate of fruit salad; good enough to eat.














I had to tone down the bowl of cereal because many creators of fake food get carried away with tossing strawberries into everything. short of using dynamite I could only subdue their color.







The blueberry pancake with legs? He just showed up one day and never left. I love his evil leer.

Let's hope the snow stops tonight.

4 comments:

~~ Melissa said...

Next time I'm over at your place I'm going to eat that blueberry pancake.

Anonymous said...

He'll bite you back. I warn you, he's tough.

bozoette said...

My, that pancake dude is very muscley, isn't he??

Anonymous said...

To bozoette:
He is sort of loveable after a while--or else it's been a long winter.
Squid