Thursday, March 24, 2005

Random Thoughts

SOMETHING TO LIVE BY
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
In an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
Chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally
Worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

This was in a recent Dawson’s Pond blog. and I second the motion.

I now have a lap counter for my morning power walks and that frees up my mind to plan the next phase of my life, send an irate mental letter to whichever politician irritates me most, and to think about the amazing people my children have become. You know, the usual.

As soon as the last of the ice melts, I’ll switch to outdoor walks and that had better be soon because I’m beginning to dislike those threesomes who take up three-and-a-half lanes, chatting and ambling along. If the coffee shop opened earlier those ramblers could sit and gossip away from us ferocious (and in my case, downright cranky)walkers and runners.

My new little thrift shop rabbit still has an evil leer but the carrot softens the effect. He can sit out there and chill his little backside until he develops a more bunny-like demeanor.Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Those of us with “no-name” religions borrow from various rituals and Easter is a fine example. It’s a good time to think about life and death and human suffering and miracles.

My Christian family members will come over to lunch after church on Sunday and we will overeat and have a basket hunt preceded by some cunningly planned clues. This house is still new to the kids so I have a whole new batch of hiding places to try out on them.

The snow is melting, some sturdy little spring bulbs are beginning to strut their stuff and spring is on the way.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a tv show the other day I heard someone who celebrates Christmas and Easter but is not Christian referred to as a 'creaster'. Funny.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me.
J.P.

Anonymous said...

Your wee bunny looks like a seal with a batman cape....(sorry, I couldn't resist, I live by the ocean)
-Meg

Anonymous said...

Okay Meggy you are charged with naming the Easter seal. Bat seal? You can do it Babe.
J.P.

bozoette said...

So long as there's chocolate involved, I can be talked into celebrating pretty much anything. Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sadie has dubbed him "Furlop the Easter Seal"
:)

-Meg

Anonymous said...

As soon as Meg mentioned the cape, I saw it and now can't see anything but a superhero bunny. Furlop is a great name.

Anonymous said...

Good work Sadie, his official name is Furlop, the Eared Crusader.
J.P.