Wednesday, March 9, 2005

The universe is unfolding as it should


My old computer was making it abundantly clear that it was two halting steps away from the bone yard.

I am close to being computer illiterate so I did some noisy hand -wringing until my daughter stepped in and marched me the office supply store, her sale flyer in hand and a no-nonsense look about her.

Once we got the little beauty home, I watched while she did all the necessary buzz-clicking to get it hooked up.

On that first day Melissa was pressed for time so I used the old set on the left, for the crucial bridge and solitaire games and with the one on the right I picked up E-mails. The games were a bit tricky because I had to lean at a funny angle to use the mouse and see the screen.The trickiest part was trying to straighten up afterwards.

Now pretty well everything is working and the universe is again moving as it should, so I’m rejoining the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you send your daughter westward to hook up my printer?
:)
Meg

Anonymous said...

I consider myself blessed to be living so close to such an adept computer person.
She may be privately planning an escape to another country.
J.P.

Anonymous said...

That daughter of yours is a gem I tell you, a gem!

Steven said...

Looking at that picture of your office makes me nastalgic. I can't wait to get back home to try out that new computer, Mom. I've missed it!...oh, and you too ofcourse.