Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tiger on a bad tooth day

My carved tiger has been with me a lot of years. I bought him in Vancouver's Chinatown  when I was back home for a visit and in those early days he had a full set of ivory teeth. but some went permanently missing when the kids played dentist.

Funny thing--generally he generally manages to look  both noble and  ferocious but today he looks plain goofy. He probably should be moved so he something new to look at.
He wasn't always in the filigree frame--I found that at an auction and it sat around waiting for inspiration.
One day I lined the center part with brown velvet from a discarded evening skirt (dear lord when did I have time to wear it with those six kids?)
When the frame was ready for some kind of centerpiece, tiger seemed a good choice and he has been bursting out of his cage ever since.
Here, he looks as though someone stepped on his paw and come to think of it, it would have had to be something the size of  a rhino to keep him relatively docile.





No comments: