Friday, December 16, 2011

An Exercise in Messiness

It's a good bet that I feel secure in my own skin  otherwise I wouldn't show you the aftermath of a lovely afternoon of Christmas baking.

I begin neatly, and then things just happen. I stop to water the plants, find three bottles of pure vanilla and pause to reflect on that, then wonder when I last used that big bag of whole wheat flour.  


 
The phone rings and I deal with those pesky snake oil sales people, run upstairs to Google how many children Mia Farrow has, all the while keeping a careful eye on the cookies.



Eventually the baking is done and when the last cookie is out of the oven, clean-up begins and the place again is pin-neat.

I'm not showing you pin-neat--but honestly, Dr. Jekyll never had a lab so pristine.

And all is well with my world.

No comments: