Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Decorating Magazines Are Not Knocking At My Door

Some of my  favorite blogs are written by women who live in old farm houses painted pristine shades of white inside and out, and the furnishings are sparse.

They go quietly wild over Christmas by tramping outside to find enough cedar boughs to form a nice display for the front door, the tree is cut on their property and the few trimmings are hand-made.

So why am I the total opposite of these dedicated women? Beats me.

My tree is totally artificial, as are the decorations and if one strand of tinsel would make a statement I toss on an a truck-load.


Whatever drives me to do what I do, it's my comfort level at stake so I continue to do it while admiring the restraint of those minimalist ladies.



The dining room table is already set for Christmas day. There's a good reason for this--I do as much ahead as I can to have energy left for the last-minute work.
I guess it's too late to ask Santa for a better camera.
.
The  family of lambs are settled under the tree.
And here's Mr. Cheerful who is probably not fond of any of us over-the-top or carefully austere.
Merry Christmas to you anyway, you old coot.

No comments: