Friday, December 2, 2011

Let the Season Begin


As always the dining room corner will be village headquarters for the next month. I get into decorating mode  in early November and when I can't hold out any longer  I begin hauling upstairs the basement-stored bins of decorations, beginning with the village.


There's an over-abundance of churches, recalling my childhood when we travelled through small towns with a church on every block. There never seemed enough people in town to keep the churches filled, but they looked pretty.

The sweet shop at the top right looks down on the ice pond where in my world walruses,  skaters and skiers happily share the ice .




There are lots of my sight-seers. Like me, they get their jollies watching others exercise.


This skier has an evil look; I wonder about him.

The lights work and there are no cats this year to nibble at the artificial snow that slowly melts as they chew.

Let the season begin.

No comments: