Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hello Sun

Today the sun is shining. I wouldn't go so far as to say the mud is drying in what used to be the back lawn but I can squish around there handily.
The deck thermometer reads 32C and it's a perfect day to sit and smile.

I like yellow, but have never intentionally planted anything of that color, so how did the Iris get there? Would the nursery tag lie to me?

There's a lot of work to do in case we get sunshine two days in a row.
The pavers are waiting for #1 son to assemble a digging crew and install these beauties to make pathways.
The pots are planted and waiting for a strong person to lift them into place on the deck.

Rhino is where he should be, with a petunia or two for decoration.
He sits on a glass top I got from a junk yard and sprayed black around the rims. it rests on the cannibal pot, probably a syrup kettle from Quebec and inside that is an old light globe with glass marbles glued over it, from my arts and crafts days.
Now I'll return to appreciating the day.

No comments: