Monday, May 16, 2011

Enough Already




This was my garden at this same time last year.

Today, the middle of May, there is nothing in bloom. Nada. With the exception of one clump of daffodils and I am incredibly grateful to the little tykes.

I could be a good sport and slog out in the rain to photograph the nothingness squished into the mud out there to show you the contrast.
Just take my word for it--there is a swamp out there, with more swampage to come.

I am trying to be a good sport--okay I'm not. I was a good sport for as while but this is going on and on and on.

The garden tours begin in about three weeks and the poor souls who volunteered to show their gardens will have to truck in blooms from out of town, just to save face.

I know we have been really lucky since the weather is so unstable and has become harsh in so many places.

I'll try to resume being a good sport.

But damn it, stop raining for a whole day.

Please.

No comments: