Friday, June 4, 2010

Did We Just Have summer?


Okay, I know it's the first week in June but really people, I think the blooming season is almost done.

Look at the Honeysuckle--it's gorgeous.

Here in south central Ontario we are accustomed to long, chilly once-in-a-while-hot spring times, until one day it's summer and the tulips look silly.
Then, in a languorous fashion, the plants decide to get into the spirit and our growng season begins.

But not this year.

This year by the twenty-fourth of May, my peonies were in full swing, the roses were coming out the the honeysuckle was gorgeous. In May for goodness sake.

It's not that I'm complaining--heaven knows I spend long, cold months dreaming for this time.



I wonder if stuff like this blooms twice in a season down south? If this longer, warmer season continues, the plants aound here might give it a shot.

No comments: