Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The "C" Pile


In my office life, I used the three-pile system to deal with those never-ending stacks of paper: deal immediately with pile "A", put pile "B" in the pending section and toss out pile "C".

This area represents files "B" and "C".

I put the easy- to- break- down- debris into the composter and branches, weeds, things that won't break down quickly, go into this corner of the garden.

It takes some heavy animal wire and metal stakes and we're in business.

The yard immediately looks tidy and since there is a lot going on in my small space, this is a good thing.

The fern on the right was planted when that corner was empty. Then, I squeezed in a composter beside the fern and as the bin filled it shifted and only a tiny patch of green peeked out from under.

Eventually the composter moved to the other side of the yard and the flattened fern rallied and doesn't seem to mind the fence smack in the middle of its existence.

I promise to leave you alone, Fern, and thanks for your patience.

No comments: