Saturday, February 7, 2009

How I Cope With Winter

I never met a room I didn't want to alter in some way and in order to accomplish this desire I produced a carpenter or two in my child pool and one of them lives in my town.

How's that for careful planning?



My kitchen is an example of added-by-the-builder-as-an-afterthought and needs all the help it can get. Consider this--it has only one wall and a whole bunch of traffic areas merging in this one space.

This area looks down onto the family room and it doesn't work. It's just plain cluttered and inefficient.

I agree this isn't the time for a woman living on a strict budget to go crazy but I see this a mental health project. What better way to coast through a miserable long winter?
Sure, some people ski and skate and toboggan, but my bones are possibly brittle although I have no intention of finding out by trying those above-mentioned sports.

Stevie, my main man/son in the carpentry department stepped in (did he have a choice?) and here is where we are at present.


Of course I had a plan--what else is there to do when one is munching breakfast cereal and staring at very little?

This is the beginning of a sleek, efficient space.See the bump-out? they are such a great addition and keeps the counters clear.


The juices and sawdust are flowing and winter is so much less annoying.

Stand by for the finished result.

No comments: